Founded on October 8, 2002 by Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus
The reserve was established to preserve in its natural state a unique natural landscape with populations of rare and endangered species of plants and animals, protect rare forest biocenoses, and also a complex of meadows, ancient dunes and valleys of the Neman and Shchara rivers.
On the territory of the reserve is PROHIBITED:
- clear cutting of main use;
- carrying out work related to changes in the natural landscape and the existing hydrological regime;
- disposal of production and consumption waste;
- damage and destruction of trees and shrubs, disturbance of natural soil cover except forestry, burning of dry vegetation (burns), grazing of livestock in the forest;
- untreated wastewater discharge. production and consumption wastes in water courses and reservoirs;
- setting up tents, laying out tourist camps, making fires, parking cars in places not designated for these purposes, driving mechanized vehicles off-road, except for machines that perform agricultural and forestry work;
- Aviation processing of agricultural and forest lands.
Persons guilty of violating the established regime are responsible in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus (Article 88 of the Administrative Code of the Republic of Belarus)